Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Silver Seller Client Who Wouldn't Sell


I had a customer bring in a huge, heavy sterling silver necklace the other day. It was much bigger and gaudier than the one in the picture. I weighed it and gave her a price quote. Off the top of my head I believe it was 266.00 or therabouts. She immediately said I couldn't sell it for that! I paid $400.00 for it in a Mexican Tourist Hotel several years ago.

Of course when we buy silver jewelry we're paying for the silver, the craftmanship, and the retail markup. At a tourist hotel I would expect the markup to be great. The necklace was so big and gaudy that no one in the family would wear it, and she wants to hold it to get her $400.00's back.

I just scratch my head sometimes. Some lucky?? heir will inherit a huge, gaudy necklace I guess!

No comments: