Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nothing to fear but fear itself


In today's economic climate, while many people are not expressing their fears, many would admit to being anxious. Certainly if one had assets in the stock market there would be some cause for alarm.

Years ago it was Franklin D. Roosevelt who popularized the quote: There is nothing to fear but fear itself. I would hope that most Americans would take that to heart and keep moving forward.

As for myself, I have done pretty well in networking and have a declining income coming in from our previous years work. One of the first things that I learned as an entrepreneur was to be persistent.

The other evening we attended get out of debt presentation at a church in Orlando. The speaker was Anthony Stroman from Atlanta. He gave a great presentation of the costs we incur as a result of poor credit which includes paying more for just about any financial service including auto and home loans, insurance and much more. Anthony shared a money map of:

7 steps to retire in 2-5 years.

The 7 steps:

1. Eliminate debt

2. Get Good Credit

3. Tax Planning

4. Budgeting or Cash Flow Analysis

5. Financial Planning

6. Will and Legal Services

7. Passive Income


We had to admit that almost all of what he shared was right on the money and we were convinced as were the majority of the attendees.

As for myself, like most Americans, I have not been as careful with debt as my father would have hoped. Like many Americans I am concentrating on getting my personal finances in order.

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......

Improvedliving said...

That's a beautiful insight into your life and how your brother has affected it.



Orlando financial planning